______ Between the Quacks ______

                                               Having a second childhood. This time for good.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Crazy?



Here's something I'm excited to post, because you've probably seen it before. It's Gnarls Barkley doing 'Crazy' at the 2006 MTV music awards. They're inspired and empassioned and talking about the what's more out there. And he's duded up like Darth Vader. I don't mind that it's popular. Jesus. I love it. I swear, I wish everything I was into was mind-numbingly popular and everpresent. That everyone I met thought I was, well, just pretty average. That I lived in a Pleasantville where every single person was on some crazy, unbelievable personally-fulfilling trip through the wild, wonderful, mystical unknown. Honestly, I think everyone is. They just keep it all inside hidden, like treasure.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Darling davey... Silly rabbit! You can't be: "on some crazy, unbelievable personally-fulfilling trip though the wild, mystical unknown" AND "just pretty average." No way! To play with the Wild Things, you need to be able to become Max, or Amelia Badelia, or Brainy Smurf, or Rainbow Bright, or Eloise or Pippi or Super Mario or Willy Wonka or Mary Poppins. You need to be able to say "fuck you" to 75% and "yes yes yes......." to 100%. A+! Magna Cum Laude. Or shall I say Magnum? Fuck that! Summa Cum Laude. You must fly towards the eccentric and idiosyncratic--and away from the boring and predictable. No more khakis, polo shirts and birkenstocks. Instead, let's wear wacky wigs, mismatching striped socks, polka-dotted slippers, skirts made from rose petals, bottle caps, vintage velvet, tin-foil and crayons. Bring on the ooh la la. Force out the blah blah blah. You will never pass for average, darling--and I consider that statement to be a profound compliment as well as an undeniable truth because you are just, well, too ABOVE average. Pleasantville would be boring after a day or two for CRAZIES like you and me... Now "Pleasureville," its x-rated spin off..., that's another story altogether. Talk about crazy... And yes, I love that much-better-than-average song too--even though the words "popular" and "ever-present" often scare me away like Walmart, the religious right, McDonalds and port-a-potties... Who am I kidding? Popular? Ever-present? One can't run away from one's self Davey... Duh. Daaaaaaaaa. Da. Da. Da. dada! Read the manifesto. Thank god for Tristan Tzara, right? Ever-present. xoxo. Popular pop-rock bex.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home